I was using Pixel Experience (8.1.0) ROM in my moto g5 plus ( XT-1686).
One day i messed up with the recovery partition of my device and bricked it in a way that i can only access to my bootloader & was also able to boot phone & use it normally but i had no way to access to my recovery.
Therefore i flashed stock firmware but now there was a major problem , IMEI 0 even though it detects sim card but IMEI was 0.
(screenshots are attached).
But after rooting when i clean flash any custom rom i was able to get back my imei so, i modified the stock firmware & create a simple user friendly one click GUI program named as “STOCK FIRMWARE SAFE FLASH”(2SF TOOL) solution to this problem.
WHAT IS THIS TOOL ?
Well as i said previously,by this tool you will be able to flash moto g5 plus stock firmware without IMEI loss.
Current : v_1.1.1
- Only For POTTER
- Works on a particular firmware.
Upcoming : v_2.0.0
- As per plan i will try my best to mak it independent on fimware selection.
- You will be able to select your local rom folder for flashing.
NOTE: The limitation is you have to download the whole firmware for it from my drive.I will try to remove this limitation on next build.So for now please don’t be angry.
The stock firmware has been compressed along with the scripts to a sfx archive.
Double click the downloaded sfx archive and accept the disclaimer.
Then it will start extracting automatically just sit back & listen some song.
After successful extraction,
- A shortcut will be created on desktop named “Double Click Me To Start Flashing Safely”(double click it to start flashing process).
- ADB installation window will popup ,no matter if you have or not,install it.
- Then Motorola USB driver window will popup, connect your phone & install it.
- ADB (included in archive)
- Forward Deamon (included in motorola usb driver)